Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Our new blog: Windows vs. Apple logo


Welcome to our new blog. This will be a look at how we are using technology in our household from the perspective of each of our family members. We have really ramped up the use of technology in our home this past year from high speed internet access to upgraded computers, to video games, digital video cameras, and other gadgets.

As we head into 2008, we will be interacting more and more with technology. This blog will examine issues around our uses of technology and how it has affected our family life. It will not be a technical blog about technology per se but rather our perceptions of how technology is changing our lives.

Let me state that the title of this blog was my idea...and has nothing to do with LOLCat speech. I guess I could have named this blog: "All Your Technology are Belong to Us", but I think you get teh idea.

So let me begin with our logo created by my son Logan. We are basically a household divided by competing computer platforms: dad is a Mac user and everyone else is a Windows user. Why? Well, I am a big fan of Apple's iLife suite of programs and multi-media applications; my wife uses a Windows lap-top because it was provided by her employer; my oldest son, Luke bought his own Vista-made-to-order computer on-line for all the cool new video games and Logan is waiting for me to fix one of the Windows machines that is apart in the living room.

Are we at odds with each other about or different computers? Not really, but I will let my family chime in on that...

Occasionally we joke with each other when we are screaming at our computers for various reasons, but we respect each others right to choose...or rather tolerate each others right to choose our different operating systems.

Photo Attribution: "PC vs Mac" by etchasketchist

No comments: